Saturday, April 01, 2006

this is not an april fool's joke

It really isn't, as the blood on my towels and sheets shows. My boyfriend was standing outside of a club here in the center of Utrecht, when some guys come up and ask him for a light and when he goes to produce a lighter, they asked him if he was gay and when he said yes, sucker punched him under the chin and kicked him in the stomach when he was down. I wish I could say this was the first time I heard of this happening here, but I saw this friend of a friend almost a year ago with a black eye and when I asked him about it, he told me the same story. I worry about this kind of shit everyday, that if there's a next time he won't come back to me. I suppose all those episodes of CSI don't help, but what if he bumped his head and fell into the canal. And then there's the ethnic angle: I know there are nice Moroccan people here, and that I should prejudice based on the actions of some, but I am not giving any one of them a light ever again. I'm afraid i would, oops, accidentally set them on fire. There is absolutely nothing which could excuse what they did, and all I can do is think all sorts of Tony Soprano revenge fantasies. I feel like the April Fool, but what can be done against such indiscriminate hatred?

Español | Deutsche | Français | Italiano | Português| Ch| Jp| Ko

0 Comments:

:
:
:

BloggerHacks

<< Home


All original material of whatever nature
created by Nicholas Winslow and included in
this weblog and any related pages, including archives,
is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-Sharealike license
unless otherwise expressly stated (2006)